Tomato and Pomegranate Salad

When I first started collecting my recipes, notes and findings under Cornucopia -I don't really consider myself a 'blogger' but rather a 'researcher'- I truly thought that what I was sharing was incredibly useful. The information was out there (I had found it), but lay hidden and was seen as 'alternative'.

Lots has changed since then and 'healthiness' had become a very big business. This is not all bad. We are all far better informed and more conscious about what we eat and what it does to our body and overall health.

Established chefs with big names and high end restaurants have changed their beat, paying heed to popular demand. Others like Yotam Ottolenghi had a mayor break through, just because we wanted 'pureness' and began to frown at 'processed'.

So here is one of my favourite Yotam Ottolenghi's salad. I am adding it to Cornucopia, because it belongs to my collection of 'culinary gems'. It is one of those recipes I like to prepare over and over again. Hopefully you will love it as much as I do and will help you out if you are looking for guilt-free inspiration...


Ingredients
(for 4 persons/side dish)

•600g of multi coloured (cherry) tomatoes, diced
•1 (medium) red onion, chopped
•1 (medium) red pepper, diced
•2 garlic cloves, crushed
•1/2 tsp ground allspice
•2 tsp white wine/cider vinegar
•1 1/2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
•60 ml virgin olive oil
•seeds of 1 medium pomegranate (170 g)
•1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves or 1 tsp of dry oregano leaves

What you do
•arrange the tomatoes, with the onion, pomegranate and red pepper in a (flat) salad bowl
•whisk the garlic, allspice, vinegar, molasses and oil into a vinaigrette
•pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and now sprinkle the oregano over it.